Engage Icon Engage Midvale gives people the opportunity to have their say on issues that are important to them, at a time and place of their choice.         Sign up, and have your say, at EngageMidvale.com

Water Usage Questions

636359835377800000The "Water Usage" item on your Midvale City Utility Bill represents the actual amount of water consumed during the billing cycle.

The water usage number displayed on your bill indicates the number of units for each 1,000 gallons of water utilized. If your water consumption for the billing period is less than 1,000 gallons, this section of your bill will remain empty.

Please note that your Water Base charge does not include any allocated water. It covers the fees associated with the maintenance and repair of Midvale's water service up to the water meter at your residence or business.

It's essential to understand that Midvale City is responsible for maintaining the water service up to the meter, while the water service from the meter to your property is the full responsibility of the property owner.

Concerned About Your Water Usage?

If you suspect unusual water usage and suspect a possible water leak on your property, please consider inspecting the following:

  • Outside Faucet
  • Stop and Waste Sprinkler Valve not turned On or Off all the way
  • Sprinkler System Valves
  • Soaker Hose in Use
  • Watering the Yard for Extended Periods of Time
  • Water Line Between the Meter and House
  • Malfunctioning Water Softener
  • Toilet Valve
  • Kitchen or Bathroom Faucets
  • Ice Maker
  • Washing Machine
  • Dishwasher
  • Hot Water Heater
  • Swamp Cooler
  • Continuous Pet Feeder
  • Any Other Ongoing Water Use
* Warning: Meters are the property of Midvale City. Please do not attempt to shut the water off at your meter or tamper with the meter in any way. Any manipulation of the water meter could result in tampering fees. You will also be financially responsible for any damages done to the meter. 

If you have any questions about your water usage, please call Midvale City at 801-567-7200.