Midvale City has a contractual agreement with Salt Lake County Animal Control Services to deliver comprehensive animal control services. This partnership entails cooperation with the largest no-kill shelter in the State of Utah, which operates 24/7, 365 days a year, and encompasses a fully equipped veterinary clinic dedicated to the well-being of animals. Their range of services encompasses:
- Facilitating pet adoptions.
- Managing pet licensing procedures.
- Vigilant enforcement of animal-related city and county ordinances.
- Providing shelter and care for all varieties of lost and abandoned pets.
- Investigating complaints related to animal cruelty, abuse, and neglect.
- Swift response to emergencies involving injured or aggressive animals.
- Delivering humane education programs tailored for schools and community groups.
- Offering humane euthanasia services upon pet owner request (with associated fees).
- Granting free microchips to Midvale residents through a voucher program.
For more information, please visit the Salt Lake County Animal Control Services website.