Business License Renewal
All commercial businesses in Midvale are required to have a valid business license issued by Midvale City. The license must be obtained prior to conducting business. Licenses are non-transferable between owners or locations. Licenses must be renewed on a yearly basis. Most Midvale City business licenses expire on December 31. The business license fee for each calendar year is due at the end of the year and is considered past due after January 15. (SOBs and Solicitation/Peddler Business Licenses expire one year from the date they were issued. Landlord Business Licenses expire August 31 and are due no later than September 15.)
If there are any changes to the business, such as owner information or the business has relocated or closed, contact the Community Development Support Technician so we can update our records.
Renew Business License Online
The easiest way to renew your business license is online through Xpress Bill Pay, the premier provider of online renewal payment systems. This service is available 24/7 with no additional fees. To renew online complete the following steps:
- Visit the XPress Bill Pay website and click on the "Create a new account" option. (If you already have an existing Xpress Bill Pay account, you can simply log in using your email address and password instead of creating a new account.)
- Follow the on-screen instructions provided.
- XPress Bill Pay will send an email to your registered email address for account verification. Open the email and follow the provided instructions to verify your email address and activate your account.
- You will then be directed to the XPress Bill Pay website's "Add New Account" page. In the "Find your billing organization" field, type "Midvale City" and press enter. Click on the Midvale City option that appears.
- Choose the "Bill Type" as "Business License Renewal." Enter your business account number (which can be found on your current Business License) and your last name as it appears on your Midvale City bill. Then, click on "Locate Account."
- Once the system locates the E-bill account information, it will be displayed with the option to "Add Account."
- Review the displayed information to ensure its accuracy, and then click the "Add Account" button to link your Business License Renewal account to your XPress Bill Pay online account. This will enable you to view and manage your renewal account.
- To make your renewal payment, click on the green "Pay Now" button and follow the provided prompts to complete your transaction.
To renew by mail, send a check or money order, payable to “Midvale City” with your “Application to Renew Business License” form that was mailed to you. The address to send your renewal is:
Business Development Coordinator
7505 S Holden Street, 2nd Floor
Midvale, UT 84047
- Stormwater Education for Businesses
- Internal Revenue Service (To obtain a Federal Tax ID#)
- Utah State Tax Commission (To obtain a Sales Tax Number)
- Utah Labor Commission (Workers' Compensation Insurance information)
Frequently Asked Questions